Playing soccer will never be complete without the proper gears and equipment that the players and soccer field should have. It ensures safety, and players can fully enjoy the game at the same time. Here is the list of the basic soccer gears and equipment that every soccer lover or aspirants should know:
- Jersey – the soccer jersey is especially designed and is made of synthetic fabrics to help keep the players dry. This is considered to be very expensive and important to a player. But you have the option to wear something that fits you loosely and comfortably; it can be either short or long sleeves.
- Shorts – there aren’t many rules about wearing shorts but always remember that there should be comfort and freedom of movement. But remember it is not recommended to wear a basketball-style short that is below the knee.
- Socks – it is a thick and durable synthetic fabric that is measured until the knee. It protects the player’s feet from too much friction and to cover the shinguard.
- Cleats – it supports the players from sudden stops, starts and turns of the soccer game. It may come in many shapes, prizes and sizes but players should always consider comfort and close fit. The studs are also a big factor, and it should be the right one for the type of surface. If the ground has softer grass fields, longer metal stud is recommended, but if it’s a harder surface, the shorter plastic studs should be used.
- Gloves – only goal keepers wear gloves. The player should use the ones that can give mobility to fingers as well as support to wrists. Some players may wear light gloves if the condition is cold.
- Head gear – it has become popular to youth players today, designed to soften the impact of the ball when using the head. It is light, and its shape is like a headband; it can also minimize injury of two heads clashing.
These are the basics that a player must have and the basic soccer equipment is as follows:
- Soccer balls.
- Soccer goals and nets.
- Ball carry bag.
- Referee kit.
- Bench and other accessories.
Most gear and equipment could be expensive depending on its quality. They are very essential, especially the proper gears and attire. They are not just meant for beauty and design they all have a purpose. Soccer is physically demanding, which can put the life of a player at risk to injuries if they are not worn.